Monday, April 28, 2014

How to create a Custom Watermark in Adobe Photoshop



Generally the first thing I do after a photo shoot is rush home to my computer to start editing! The sooner I finished editing the faster I could get to posting and sharing my work!
And then the problem came. After your photo has been shared a few times, or reposted, you start to see comments such as "These are great, Who did them?". Uh oh. I worked hard taking great photos SOOC (straight out of camera). I worked my Editing Magic where it needed it. But I wasn't being recognized for my hard work BECAUSE I WASN'T BRANDING MY PHOTOGRAPHY.
A simple solution, A Watermark.
 
Up until recently, I was 100 % stumped when it came to creating a transparent one. And I was only missing one little step! I want to share it with you!!
 
 
First thing's first. Start up your version of Photoshop.
And under the file tab, click New
 
 
300x300 pixels will give you a nice large Area to work with. Make sure it's set to PIXELS (since you'll most likely be saving these photos for the Internet)
 
 
Go ahead and Enter your text and add your graphics, logos, etc.... I don't recommend a giant heart :)
(If you need help on those parts, please email me about customizing fonts and shapes)
 
 
 
Next------> This is the part that absolutely stumped me, but don't worry, I got it now!
 

 
 
Down in the right hand corner, under your Labels Tab (This can also be found by clicking Windows at the top of your screen) Double click on the "Background" option. It'll automatically change the name to "Layer 0" As it turns out, it Photoshop, you can't delete any Layer titled "background". So Name it anything you'd like and hit OK
 
 
Now....DELETE THAT LAYER
 
 
Your image will now have a Checkered Background. AKA it's Transparent and able to be added on top of photos.
 
Now let's save it for the Internet.
Under your File Tab, find the Option "Save for Web"
 

You'll want to have your settings set to PNG-24. The best setting for viewing on the Internet
 

 
Now simply open up an image, go to File, again.
And Find the option "Place"
 

 
And VOILA. Move your watermark wherever you'd like.
P.S. don't forget to SAVE AS, not Save. That way when you burn a CD/flash drive their photos won't have your Logo on them.
 
Hope you enjoyed this How To.
Please Share so everyone can learn
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment